Today, I’m just going to go through some quick tips with you on how you can search engine optimize your efforts on Periscope just like I’m doing myself. These were some tips that I think will really, really work nicely for you.
1) Download the Periscope app (pretty obvious!)- You’ve got to get the Periscope app to be able to broadcast from wherever you are. I think that it’s going to be a real success for brands out there wanting to do online marketing.
2) Autosave your scopes – make sure on your settings in the Periscope app that you check off you want your scopes to be auto saved. Not everybody realizes that. What happens is you have this content that you’re doing and you want to make sure that you have this video so that you can use it for other things like perhaps your blog. You need to auto save your scopes. Otherwise, you’re just throwing your content away.
3) Have an outline – Now, especially for SEO, you’re going to want to make sure that you tap into the power of keywords. Have you done research on your own brand’s keywords? Do you know what keywords you should be targeting for your audience? With an outline, it not only gives you a way to go through the material that you have and speak more confidently but you have an outline you can go through on your scope and also have an outline to repurpose your content.
The key to this SEO is all about repurposing. Don’t use the scope beyond just the live platform and the live show that it is. Then, you’re never going to really be found on the internet. Make sure you’re using your keywords. If you want, use your hash tags with your keywords because this is going to be broadcast on Twitter. Every time you have a live broadcast, it’s shooting out to your Periscope followers but also, it’s going to broadcast it on Twitter for you. Make sure that you’ve got an outline so that you can get those ripped, sexy keywords in there in addition to just the title of your Periscope.
4) Upload to YouTube – when you auto save your scope and you save it to your camera roll, then you can upload it to YouTube but make sure that you edit it and include those keywords in there. Make sure that you have a title. If you have it on your YouTube channel, you can also use that YouTube embed code for your blog or your website, wherever you want to use it.
5) Repurpose that scope – Your scope is your video. It’s your goal. Use that and make sure that you’re using it beyond just YouTube, using it on your blog as I do. I also do podcasting with it. I don’t actually reuse the audio from this scope because I’m talking to you. It’s a live performance. It’s as if I was on a stage at a concert hall and this is live. The audience here is going to be a little bit different than the audience that’s searching for you as the solution to their problem. I wouldn’t repurpose the MP3 or the audio exactly from the scope as it’s recorded.
You have a chance to put your intro, to put your outro, whatever kind of graphics that you want. If you want titles within that video, download it. Take it into a video editing software. I use Camtasia. I’m a PC girl so that’s what I use but just make sure that you’re cleaning it up and making sure that it’s going to work for you. That’s how you will definitely get the value of SEO on those videos. If you have a YouTube video, you’re going to show up with a thumbnail in the search engines.
6) Transcription – . Make sure that you transcribe the words from your video. Here’s why. The internet spiders do not see the content of your video. They can’t understand it just as they can’t understand what’s in an image unless you rename your filenames, put your ALT tags, put the descriptions, your captions. You need to make your videos rich and juicy with text. That’s where transcripts come in. If you’re a go-getter like I am and I type fast, you can transcribe them yourself. Make sure that you don’t lose the value of the words that you’re saying within that video especially because YouTube videos have the closed caption option. If somebody wants to hear what you’re saying and they don’t want to listen, they can read the words. Make sure you transcribe them. Also, for purposes of search engine optimization, all of those keywords will count towards your relevancy when people are searching for a term. And of course you can include the transcriptions as a pdf on your website.
7) Blog – Make sure that you’re blogging, you’re rewriting the content of your scopes as I do. I’m loving it because I’m getting to look at a camera. I know I’m reaching people beyond just my microphone which is seated on my desk. It’s a blue Yeti microphone and it’s great for recording audio. I’m sitting at my desk to have a conversation with my audience.
Last month, I had a few thousand downloads from my podcast but it’s tough sometimes just to sit and just talk to the microphone. It’s nice to know that you’re going to see a live video. It’s engaging. Make sure that you’re blogging and you’re getting used beyond just the scope that you’re doing. The here and now is gone the second that the scope is gone. We’ve got to save it and reuse it and make sure that our brand is more powerful for it. You want to make sure that you’re constantly blowing smoke signals out there as I like to call it, not just one and done.
Make sure that people see you. Reuse your content and you’ll be found
You can share this post by using the share buttons below. Thanks!